Cod Liver Oil is the oil that is extracted from the Atlantic cod and is widely used as a very important dietary supplement. This substance is naturally very rich in Vitamin A and D and omega-3 fatty acids. The amount of nutrients in the oil depends on the species of Gadus morhua from which the cod liver oil is being extracted. This cod liver oil has been used for centuries in the colder countries for immunity and joint pains. It has continued to benefit mankind since centuries and even today it is one of the best things in the world with a huge number of health promoting benefits. HealthAid Cod Liver Oil is absolutely pure in nature and along with omega-3 fatty acids and Vitamin A and D it also contains Vitamin E. This makes the product even more enriching. The oil is cold pressed and sealed inside a capsule to make the consumption easier and also to maintain its purity.
The benefits of Cod Liver Oil:
We lack enough of Vitamin A and D in our regular diet and many times our food cannot meet the necessary amount of nutrients required by the body. These two nutrients along with omega-3 fatty acids are very necessary in maintaining neurological, immune, hormonal and cardiovascular wellness. Since cod liver oil loads you up with these nutrients you are benefitted in a number of ways. Here are some of them:
- The first medical use of cod liver oil was done in England in 1789 for the treatment of rheumatism. Nowadays it is used for osteoarthritis, osteoporosis and for bone health.
- In the year 1824, cod liver oil was used to treat rickets and also began to be given to children to prevent Vitamin D deficiency.
- Cod liver oil is very beneficial in building up a healthy cardiovascular system.
- It can be very good for healthy muscles and joints as it contains omega-3 fatty acids. This is very necessary for people who wish to build a strong body.
- It is also helpful in maintaining the well-being of the nervous system.
- It can also prevent against autoimmune diseases.
- People whose diet lacks EPA, DHA and omega acids can take this cod liver oil as a dietary supplement.
- It can also relieve stress and anxiety.
- Cod liver oil can ensure you a normal blood pressure and a good heart.
- It is also a good remedy against inflammation and digestive problems.
Certain precautions before using cod liver oil:
- You must keep the capsules away from very little children. It is only meant for children above the age of 6.
- Pregnant and lactating women and those who are on some or the other medication due to a disease or disorder must consult the doctor before taking this supplement.
- The results from using the product may vary from person to person and cannot guarantee benefits within an expected time period.