Like physical health and mental well-being, sexual health is also necessary for all round wellness of an individual. A person needs to be fit sexually too in order to be called healthy. Read to know all that you need to know about your sexual health and how to upgrade it.
What is sexual health?
Sexual health refers to a state of well being in relation to sexuality. It means having a healthy sexual life free of any sort of abnormalities and disorders. It is the ability to enjoy your sexuality without facing any trouble. It covers a whole lot of topics from pleasurable sex to prevention and cure of Sexually Transmitted Diseases.
Problems related to sexual health
Problems related to sexual health may be innumerable. Here are some of the most common issues faced by men and women all over the world. You must be aware of these and seek treatment timely.
- Poor sex drive- stress, depression and obesity may often lead to lower sex drives in both males and females. Hormonal imbalance may also be responsible.
- Erectile dysfunction- this is a typical male sexual health problem that may occur to anybody all over the world. It usually occurs in middle age but may also happen earlier due to hormonal problems or unhealthy lifestyle.
- Premature ejaculation- inability to maintain an erection for a desired period of time is a concern for many men.
- Vaginal dryness- lack of natural lubrication in the vagina may result from a host of issues like irregular periods to pregnancy and menopause.
- STDs- unprotected sex with multiple sexual partners or someone affected by STDs can result in your being infected with STDs too. Know methods of safe sex to avoid such diseases.
Ways to upgrade your sexual health
You must also know the ways to improve your sexual health to be fit and active in personal life too. Sexual wellness often leads to mental wellness too.
- Obesity may be the biggest hindrance to sexual well being. Regular exercise and a proper weight may help you to be sexually fit and active. Exercise daily to keep your hormonal levels in check and improve your sexual performance.
- Eat a balanced diet to maintain sexual health. Some foods may be naturally aphrodisiac while others may improve your blood circulation leading to better erections and sex drives. A diet containing vitamins like Vitamin B1, proteins, zinc, omega-3 fatty acids and potassium are necessary for sexual health. Berries, almonds, bananas, garlic, citrus fruits, eggs, tuna, salmon and avocados must be there in the diet.
- Avoid alcohol and smoking to improve your general as well as sexual health. Alcohol and cigarettes can not only affect your heart but also cause lack of sex drives and erections which you really do not desire.
- Stress and lack of sleep can be havoc for your libido. The essential key to a healthy sexual life is to cut down on your stress levels and get some good sound sleep. Relax yourself through yoga, meditation or a deep tissue massage to release toxins created by stress. Vacations and indulging in stress busting activities is also helpful. Maintain good sleeping hours to improve your sex life.
- In case of any disorder like premature ejaculation, erectile dysfunction, pain in the penis, deformed penis, prolonged erection, vaginal dryness and irritation, unpleasant sex, infections and vaginal discharge or any other problem, you must seek medical help without delay. Shed your inhibitions and seek the right help to last longer and be happier in bed.